The Robinson R44 is a civil helicopter built by Robinson Helicopters . Based on the Robinson R22 two-seater helicopter, the R44 has hydraulic controls and capacity for 4 people (three passengers plus pilot).
The Robinson R44 helicopter of the Raven series provides excellent reliability, workability, and operation, so the R44 is the ideal helicopter for all types of work such as training, patrolling, photography, filming, advertising, transportation, observation …
The R44 Raven II has a high-performance Lycoming IO-540 engine with fuel injection, and inclined valves, with a fine intake system, eliminating the need for the carburetor. The standard 28-volt electrical system ensures good system performance and provides the necessary electrical power for optional equipment.
- Crew: 1 or 2 pilots
- Capacity: 3 passengers
- Load: 408 kg (899.2 lb)
- Length: 8.96 m (length with blades: 11.65 m)
- Main rotor diameter: 10.1 m (33.1 ft )
- Height: 3.3 m (10.8 ft)
- Empty weight: 657.7 kg (1 449.6 lb)
- Loaded weight: 1 134 kg (2 499.3 lb)
- Drive plant: 1 × Lycoming 6-cylinder engine IO-540-AE1A5.
- Power: 183 kW (252 HP; 249 HP)
- Propellers: Main rotor and bipala tail
- Internal fuel capacity: 120 liters
- Fuel capacity in auxiliary tanks: 70 liters
- Maximum operating speed (V no ): 240 km / h (149 MPH; 130 kt)
- Cruising speed (V c ): 200 km / h (124 MPH; 108 kt)
- Range: 560 km (302 nmi; 348 mi)
- Flying roof: 4 300 m (14 108 ft)